Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Not only staying at home

So not only am I a full-time mommy, I am also a full-time college student AND I am also working on marketing a couple of businesses. I figured this would be the perfect place to write out what I think of it all, and hopefully get a little feedback. I'll try and start slow and from the beginning and try not to jump around TOO much. I tend to go out on tangents but I'll try to stay focused. So this pony I used to own... :D Just kidding.

When I was growing up, my mom was basically a stay-at-home mom. Back then, there wasn't this whole big discrimination against mothers who decided to stay at home with their kids. It was a good thing that she did, too. There's 5 of us (11 kids total in my immediate family, but 5 who were from her). My mom was a part of the Home Interiors "club". I remember going to one of her meetings when I was really young. I got to draw a name out of the hat for the door prize and pulled out my mom's name. I watched her work very hard for the little money she made through the business of decorating.

Later, after my father passed away, she and my step-father joined Amway. Yes, I am a child of Amway. We should have a support group and regular meetings to deal with it. I'm just kidding. It wasn't all that bad. I ended up making some money by baby-sitting for couple who would come into town for meetings. One night I even made $300 watching 11 kids. It was great. So every time we would enter into our family van, my mom would pop in one of her endless supply of motivation tapes. They would tell us all that we did not have to conform to the J-O-B (Just Over Broke) mentality. Then "The Eye of the Tiger" would play and we all would burst out in song. Amway taught me that you CAN sink all your money into a system that can only work for a small handful of individuals.

My mom and I just recently had a talk about this. Not Amway in particular, but the money part of it. She has always told us that she was the perfect model for what NOT to do and how NOT to spend your money. She told me that she would not even think, she just jumped. I was explaining to her that before I do anything, I do my homework. I research it. If it's a business opportunity, I look on the BBB and look at any negative posts about it on other sites. I have found a.. it's a system that, when you follow it, it works. It not only works for those promoting that business, but for anyone looking to market ANYTHING. I have so many ideas... creative ideas that I want to market. The difficult part right now is to focus on the business I already have (Beauticontrol~ very high end spa quality products) and my new one (Carbon Copy Pro~ Market anything, anytime, anywhere). The links for those are found on the side of my blog. So my idea, for this is to blog as often as I can to keep anyone who wants to know how I'm doing with this adventure up to date.

If you decide to follow me, first of all, let me say thank you, as I am fairly new to this side of the internet :D

No comments:

Post a Comment